(Photo © 2008 Atlanta Braves and MLB)
Talk about an expensive night! But to quote my man John: "It's only money; they print it every day!" Here's the tab:
- Souvenir T-shirt, foam finger, and foam Tomahawk -- $42
- Pizza, hot dog, peanuts, French fries -- $34
- 2 ice creams and a smoothie -- $15
- 5 Cokes and a beer -- $25
- Gasoline to get home -- $48 (ouch!)
- That goofy grin on my daughter's face -- Priceless (Oh, like you couldn't see that coming!)
Marie, Page and I had a bit of fun guessing what some of the crazy abbreviations meant on the scoreboard. Honestly, I think they just make them up on the fly. But in the bottom of the ninth when the Braves were down by 5, I knew that it was time to beat some of the crowd, and potential drunk drivers, to the parking lot.
The drive home kept us talking from Turner Field to our suburban Interstate exit, and we knew it had been a great night for the three of us. After showers to wash away ballpark stink and sweat, I tucked in two tired teens, and I was asleep fairly soon myself.
Thanks, Atlanta Braves!