24 August 2008

Living w/my son

After nearly three weeks of cohabitation with my son, I think we're finally getting into some kind of groove. Good day, bad day, good day, bad day, etc. Well, it's better than that. We've got a lot of adjustments to make because he's been living with his mother for the last 3 years, and she definitely operates her household differently than I do mine. High school is proving to be a sincere kick in the pants for him, but his spirit wears lederhosen, so I think he'll make it through his freshman year. Marching Band and Spanis Club seem to be where his interests lie, and that's not bad at all. It's also a bit weird for me to be the high school dad and not just the high school teacher. Now my daughter is talking about what high school will be like for her, asking questions about being in my French classes or taking my art class. It will be fun to have both my children in school with me. I'm excited. In the meantime, I have to learn to be patient with the young teen that's here with me now.

No comments: